University of California, San Diego
February 26, 2001
SUBJECT: Extension of the Nomination Period for the UCSD 2000-2001
A Notice was issued in early January to announce the nomination period for the UCSD 2000-2001 Exemplary Staff Employee of the Year Award Program. This Notice is provided to advise the campus community that the nomination period for the Program has been extended through 4:30 p.m. on Monday, April 2, 2001. The extension is intended to provide additional time for the submittal of nominations for eligible career employees in Professional and Support Staff categories who have demonstrated distinguished service and contributions to the UCSD and San Diego communities.
Completed nomination forms must be delivered to the Human Resources Department at Torrey Pines Center-South, Suite 265-A on or before April 2, 2001. Nomination forms may be mailed to the Human Resources Department at mail code 0922; however, they must be received on or before the deadline. Electronic nominations will be considered, provided that all required forms and personal electronic endorsements from the Principal Nominator, and those of the First and Second Endorsers, are received in the Human Resources Department at email@example.com by the deadline.
A Review Panel of representatives chosen by their respective Vice Chancellors and the Director of Hospitals will evaluate all eligible nominations and recommend ten award recipients to Chancellor Robert C. Dynes. Accordingly, the ten employees will be recognized as follows: one award of $2,000 for the top "Exemplary Staff Employee" and nine awards of $1,000 for "Exemplary Staff Service." The names of the ten award recipients will be inscribed on the perpetual plaque, which is displayed prominently in the Human Resources Department reception area at Torrey Pines Center-South, Suite 265-A. The names of the ten Exemplary Staff Employees for fiscal year 2000-2001 will be announced in early-May and the Chancellor will present awards to each recipient during the annual Exemplary Staff Employee of the Year Award Ceremony to be held in late-May at the Faculty Club.
EXEMPLARY STAFF EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR GUIDELINES
2. Nominees must have completed a probationary period, if required.
3. Nominees must have a current performance appraisal rating of Above Expectation or Exceptional.
4. Nominees must demonstrate exemplary performance of activities that are above and beyond the scope of assigned responsibilities. As an example, if the employee's job duties do not routinely include community service, but the employee represented the University in community service in an exemplary manner, this would qualify as appropriate for nomination.
5. Above Expectation or Exceptional performance of all assigned job duties is necessary in addition to other criteria to be considered for an award.
6. Nominations must include supporting statements. Nominations without supporting statements will not be considered.
1. A Principal Nominator and two endorsements are required for each nomination submitted for consideration.
2. An individual may serve as a Principal Nominator for only one nomination; however, a Principal Nominator may endorse other nominations.
3. All multiple nominations submitted by a single Principal Nominator will be invalidated.
4. The names of nominators will not be revealed and nominating materials will not be returned.
5. Submit only one employee on each nomination form.
6. Narrative statements must not exceed 500 words (e.g., 500 words for Part I of the Nomination Form and 500 words for Part II). Supplemental materials will not be considered.
The Exemplary Staff Employee of the Year Nomination Form in PDF and
Microsoft Word Formats, and Program related Frequently Asked Questions
are accessible at:
Inquiries regarding the Exemplary Staff Employee of the Year Award Program, or to request nomination forms or the scheduling of additional information sessions, should be directed to Jonnie Craig-Winston, Director of Policy Development and Quality of Work/Life at (858) 534-8037 or firstname.lastname@example.org.