University of California, San Diego
HOUSING & DINING SERVICES
April 19, 2001
SUBJECT: Summer Jobs Available in Dining Services for High School
In Summer 2000, Dining Services implemented a pilot program in which high school students were recruited to meet part-time staffing needs. We are pleased to report that the program was a success. We were able to provide summer jobs for a total of 28 students including students from local high schools, students affiliated with UCSD faculty/staff and students referred to us by the Neighborhood House Association.
We are delighted to announce that we will continue the program in Summer 2001.
* We are looking for 25 - 30 students to work in Housing and Dining Services restaurants all over campus.
* The salary is $7.14/hour.
* Flexible schedules - students can work between 10 - 40 hours per week.
* Previous food service experience is not necessary.
* To participate, students must be at least 16 years of age, enrolled in high school and have a valid work permit. (Students may obtain work permits at their school of attendance or through their school district.)
If you know of an energetic, dependable young person who might be interested in participating, we encourage you to let him/her know about this opportunity.
For information on how to apply please contact Dining Services Human Resources Development at 534-7853, 534-4420 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (please include your phone extension and campus mail code).