University of California, San Diego
ELEANOR ROOSEVELT COLLEGE
OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR -
January 9, 2004
ALL ACADEMICS AT UCSD
Eleanor Roosevelt College and the International House invite UCSD faculty to consider participation in the International House as the International House Faculty Fellow. Supported by the Council of Provosts, this newly created one year, renewable position will work with the Director to expand the co-curricular programs of International House and its outreach to academic departments. Nominations or expressions of interest should be received by January 26.
The International House is a residential community comprised of international and American undergraduates, graduates, faculty, and visiting scholars dedicated to promoting respect and friendship among individuals of all nations and backgrounds. The I-House also works to promote international education and awareness on the UCSD campus and in the San Diego community.
The International House Faculty Fellow plays a key role in achieving the goals of international awareness and exchange by:
- Working together with the I-House Director to promote interactions
- Providing support for an International House program such as:
· A campus wide academic symposium focusing on one or more aspects of
· An international trivia competition
· An international fiction book club
- Assisting the International House Director with advising for the
- Serving on the International House Advisory Board
- Serving as the International House liaison to the Academic Senate
- Interacting with residents and attending one or two large I-House
Please contact Ann Craig (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Emily Maxon (email@example.com) for more information. Compensation would be approximately $5000 per academic year in the form of a research stipend or salary if appointment allows.
Also, if you are simply interested in UCSD's International House or have lived in an International House somewhere in the US or world, we would enjoy hearing from you.