University of California, San Diego
AUXILIARY & PLANT SERVICES
July 7, 2004
ALL STUDENTS AT UCSD
In response to numerous questions concerning University of California Office of the President (UCOP) and UCSD's policy concerning adaptability and usage of 15-passenger vans leased or rented from Fleet Services, the following information is provided. As of January 1, 2005 anyone renting or leasing a 15-passenger van for University business is required to submit the following documentation and remain in conformance with University policy, as follows:
* Primary driver must have proof of a class B license with a
* All drivers must be identified on the rental/lease agreement;
* The department shall notify each driver of his/her individual
* No vehicle shall be used for any purpose other than those
* No 15-passenger vehicle shall carry minors at any time. For
* For university purposes a 15-passenger van will be classified as
For more information on the new 15-passenger van laws and regulations please see California Legislative Bill # AB626.
For information on how to obtain a class B license, please click this link and look under commercial license www.dmv.ca.gov . Please contact Dennis Bell at Fleet Services at email@example.com if you have any questions.