University of California, San Diego
AND RISK MANAGEMENT
October 28, 2005
ALL ACADEMICS AND STAFF AT UCSD (Excluding UCSD Medical Center)
In order to standardize the reporting of work-related injuries/illnesses on a systemwide basis, the following procedures are being implemented effective immediately.
- Injured employees must report the injury or illness immediately to their supervisor.
- The employee and supervisor are responsible for completing the Employee Incident Report and immediately faxing the report to the Workers' Compensation Office at (858)534-5202. Blank Employee Incident Reports can be printed from the UCSD Workers' Compensation page on Blink at http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/workerscomp
- If the supervisor is unavailable to complete the "Supervisor's Section" of the Employee Incident Report, the employee should complete and immediately fax the first page of the report to the Workers' Compensation Office.
- If the employee is unable to complete the Employee Incident Report, it is the supervisor's responsibility to complete the report for the employee and immediately fax the report to the Workers' Compensation Office.
- If the employee is seeking treatment, the employee's doctor should complete the "Medical Provider" portion of the report. However, the employee should not delay faxing the report to the Workers' Compensation Office pending the completion of the "Medical Provider" section.
- Supervisors should advise employees to seek medical treatment at the UCSD Medical Center Emergency Room or at Thornton Hospital Emergency Room/Urgent Care. Both facilities are open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. Treatment can also be provided by appointment at the UCSD Center for Occupational and Environmental Medicine by calling (619)471-9210.
If you have any questions about these new procedures, please contact the Workers' Compensation Office at (858)534-4785 or (858)822-2979.