University of California, San Diego
ELEANOR ROOSEVELT COLLEGE
May 10, 2006
KEY ADMINISTRATORS / KEY SUPPORT STAFF
ACADEMIC SENATE MEMBERS
Eleanor Roosevelt College and the International House invite UCSD Academic Senate members to consider participation in the International House as the International House Faculty Fellow. Supported by the Council of Provosts, this one year, renewable position will work with the Director to expand the co-curricular programs of International House and its outreach to academic departments. Nominations or expressions of interest should be received by May 24.
The International House works to promote international education and awareness on the UCSD campus and in the San Diego community. The International House is a residential community comprised of international and American undergraduates, graduates, faculty, and visiting scholars dedicated to promoting respect and friendship among individuals of all nations and backgrounds.
The International House Faculty Fellow plays a key role in achieving the goals of international awareness and exchange by:
- Working together with the I-House Director to promote interactions among faculty and students around international interests.
- Providing support for an International House program. Examples of such programs are:
* A campus wide academic symposium focusing on one or more aspects of cross-cultural relations and international affairs * Grant writing * An international fiction book club
- Assisting the International House Director with advising for the International Affairs Group
- Serving on the International House Advisory Board (quarterly meetings)
- Serving as the International House liaison to the Academic Senate Committee on International Education (ex officio) (quarterly meetings)
- Interacting with residents and attending one or more I-House events throughout the quarter (Culture Nights, Sunday Supper, International Affairs Group, etc.)
Compensation would be approximately $5000 per academic year in the form of a research stipend or salary if appointment allows.
To apply for the position, please send an email with your CV (short version is fine) to Ann Craig (email@example.com) or Emily Maxon (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 24. Please feel free to contact us for more information. Also, if you are simply interested in UCSD's International House or have lived in an International House somewhere in the US or world, we would enjoy hearing from you.