University of California, San Diego
AUXILIARY AND PLANT SERVICES
May 8, 2006
ALL ACADEMICS AND STAFF AT UCSD (including UCSD Medical Center)
In our continuing efforts to provide employees sustainable transportation options and relief from rising fuel costs, Transportation and Parking Services is pleased to bring Flexcar, the nation's premier provider of car-sharing services, to UCSD. Over 500 companies, non-profit organizations, and public agencies currently use Flexcar services.
Partnering with Flexcar allows us to offer eligible faculty and staff convenient and reliable vehicle access for occasional, short-term personal and business use. To participate in the Flexcar program, faculty and staff must:
- work for UCSD 20 hours per week or more,
- be at least 21 years old,
- not hold a UCSD parking permit, and
- open a Flexcar account.
Flexcar provides users:
- convenient access to vehicles located in designated parking spaces on campus (Gilman Parking Structure, Chancellor's Complex, Campus Services Complex, Faculty Club, and Thornton Hospital) and in the Hillcrest Arbor Parking Structure;
- up to six hours per month of free transportation, including free car insurance, parking, and gas; and
- personal use of Flexcars beyond the six free hours per month at UCSD's special $8 per hour rate and free Flexcar membership, with no registration or annual fees, when you open a Flexcar account.
For more information on Flexcar Program eligibility, registration, and vehicle use, please visit http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/flexcar or contact Rideshare Operations, (858) 534-7433, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays.