University of California, San Diego
ADMINISTRATIVE COMPUTING AND
June 5, 2006
ALL AT UCSD (Excluding UCSD Medical Center)
UCSD's new voicemail system will be installed on Wednesday, June 7, 2006. The new system has the capacity to support the growing campus population and includes a few new features that will be implemented at a later date. We are pleased to announce that message capacity for each voice mailbox has been increased to 8 minutes and that the rate for the service has been reduced. The new monthly rate is $2.84, a substantial decrease from the previous $5.51 and $7.14 plans.
When first using the new system you will need to change your password, spoken name, and personal greeting. To do that, please use the following steps on or after June 7:
1. Dial x42000 or x48000 from your campus phone
2. When prompted, enter the default password: 8273 (UCSD)
3. The tutorial will guide you through changing your password, recording your name, and recording your personal greeting.
4. You must set a new password. Don't hang up until the tutorial finishes.
5. Once the tutorial is finished you may hang up or continue using the system. From now on use your new password.
Messages stored in the old voicemail system may be reviewed by calling x22200. All of those stored messages will be deleted on June 26, 2006.
The new system will be very active during its first few days of operation and you may encounter busy signals when trying to access it. Please be patient and continue trying.
If you have any questions or encounter any problems, please contact the ACT helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or at x41853.