University of California, San Diego
October 19, 2007
GENERAL CAMPUS FACULTY
Academic Computing Services/Instructional Web Development Center (IWDC) offers a number of services to support your instructional Web needs, now including turnitin.com, which was previously administered by Student Policies & Judicial Affairs.
* Up to 10 hours of free assistance with IWDC services per faculty member per year in main campus offices or at IWDC, located in AP&M 1250
* Course management software: WebCT (post handouts, discussion board, chat, quizzes, online grades, dropbox) - http://iwdc.ucsd.edu/webct.shtml
* Turnitin.com - http://iwdc.ucsd.edu/turnitin.shtml
* Podcasting (audio of lectures) - http://podcast.ucsd.edu
* Course website directory - http://courses.ucsd.edu
UCSD's site license gives faculty free access to turnitin.com's online system for checking students' work against the internet, journals, and previously submitted papers. If you do not already have access to turnitin.com and would like to set up an account, please contact IWDC. Current turnitin.com users are also urged to contact IWDC for updates.
For questions about IWDC services, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or 822-3315.