University of California, San Diego
BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL SERVICES
June 3, 2008
KEY ADMINISTRATORS/KEY SUPPORT STAFF (excluding UCSD Medical Center)
The staffing and service levels of many of the Business and Financial Services (BFS) divisions and operations will be curtailed, due to the anticipated traffic congestion during the U.S. Open Golf Tournament week of June 9-13, 2008. This is particularly applicable for those BFS units located in one of the Torrey Pines Center facilities, due to the proximity to the golf course. The following services will be provided during this time:
BFS Units Located at Torrey Pines Center:
- Continuity & Emergency Services Office - No on-site staffing entire week. Staff will monitor voicemail and e-mail remotely on a regular basis.
- Controller's Office - No on-site staffing entire week. Staff will respond to voicemail and e-mail remotely.
- Disbursements - Reduced on-site staffing on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, June 9-11. No on-site staffing on Thursday and Friday, June 12 & 13. A limited number of staff will be responding to voicemail and e-mail remotely. Please Note: Contact Robin Posner at email@example.com for emergency payment needs.
- General Accounting - No on-site staffing entire week. Calls and messages will be redirected to staff that are available remotely, and they will also respond to voicemail and e-mail messages. Please Note: The IFIS helpdesk will be staffed on Monday and Tuesday, June 9 & 10, only.
- OPAFS - Reduced on-site staff entire week. Staff will monitor voicemail and e-mail on a regular basis.
- Payroll Office - On site staffing will be provided from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. for the entire week. Staff will monitor voicemail and e-mail remotely on a regular basis as well.
- Procurement & Contracts - Reduced on-site staffing at Torrey Pines entire week. Calls and messages will be redirected to staff that are available remotely for a timely response. Please Note: Send any required documents or correspondence electronically to facilitate a timely response to requests.
- Travel - Reduced on-site staffing on Monday and Tuesday, June 9 & 10. No on-site staffing on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, June 11-13. Staff will monitor voicemail and e-mail remotely on a regular basis. Please Note: Contact Robin Posner at firstname.lastname@example.org for emergency payment needs.
Please Note: Access to offices at Torrey Pines Center South and Torrey Pines Center North will be extremely limited by security during the U.S. Open Week. If you plan to visit one of the offices noted above as "staffed" during that period, please call ahead.
BFS Units Located on Campus or other Off-Campus Locations:
- Central Cashiers Office - Will remain open. Office hours are weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Mail services and Storehouse - These units will be fully operational. Please Note: some deliveries may be delayed due to the anticipated high volume of traffic in the surrounding area.
- Student Business Services - Will remain open. Office hours are weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Please refer to Blink at http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/usopenofficeclosures for a continuing source of updated information on availability of services during the week of the U.S. Open. Thank you for your patience and understanding.