January 13, 2009
ALL ACADEMICS AND STAFF AT UCSD
ALL STUDENTS AT UCSD
Transportation Services is pleased to announce that annual parking permit fees will not be increased for the second consecutive year.
Based on customer feedback and enhanced business processes, our fall service improvements included:
*Absorbing the annual MTS fare increase for our transit pass holders
* Automating sales and direct delivery of student permits, drastically cutting lines at the Parking Office
* Answering 85% of customer requests within 24 hours
* Negotiating service changes with MTS to increase service on two high-use routes
* Improving our Motorist Assistance Program by adding new equipment
* Developing an online customer satisfaction survey accessible through all staff e-mails
This year we will work to improve customer service by:
* Implementing policy to allow campus customers to schedule appointments
* Increasing the number of patient parking spaces at La Jolla Medical Center and adding express payment lanes
During the next few months, Transportation Services will be conducting two studies vital to the future or UC San Diego commuting. The parking permit study will examine our current parking policies (A,B, and S permit system) and its impact on parking availability. The transit funding study will examine different funding options for the campus shuttle system as well as public transit service at UC San Diego.
The primary goal of these studies is to develop recommendations for long-term programs and campus policies to improve parking availability and continue transit funding. We will be conducting focus groups, online surveys, and informational forums to obtain customer feedback before we make any recommendations to the Transportation Policy Committee.
Please share your ideas with me on these or any transportation topics by e-mailing TellTPS@ucsd.edu or calling (858) 534-9762. Have a great 2009!