RESOURCE MANAGEMENT & PLANNING
OFFICE OF THE VICE CHANCELLOR -
2009 HEART WALK PLANNING COMMITTEE
JULY 6, 2009
ALL ACADEMICS AND STAFF AT UC SAN DIEGO
Every year, UCSD organizes a team of employees and friends (aka “Team UCSD”) to walk in the American Heart Association (AHA) Heart Walk. Once again, this year we are the Volunteer T-shirt Logo Sponsor” which means that ALL of the Heart Walk volunteers will be wearing t-shirts with the UCSD logo prominently displayed. Also, UCSD will again staff the Health Screening booth and will be providing various health screenings.
The *Team UCSD* goal is to recruit 650 walkers, with a fundraising goal of $95,000. Team UCSD has just begun its fundraising efforts…we need your help to succeed!
* Heart disease is the number one killer of American men AND women
* UCSD received $1.5 million in AHA research awards in 2008-2009 (total awarded to San Diego County organizations…$3.0 million)
* Great opportunity to get some fresh air, exercise and raise money for a worthy cause all at the same time!
* T-shirt! Raise $50.00 online and receive a "Team UCSD" t-shirt on bank day to wear day of walk and show team unity!
* Team Captain (recruit 10 walkers x $150/walker = $1,500 goal) - the Campus/SOM/SSPPS Team Captain Kick-off meeting is on July 15th on main campus so please join us!!! (more details to follow) - As a Team Captain, you will receive plenty of fundraising guidance from our AHA representative, Sandi Matranga and your Entity Leader!
* Walker ($150 goal)
* Supporter (contribute what you can to a walker)
* Fundraising is already underway … Sign-up to be a Team Captain or Walker and use “Kintera”, an online tool that makes it easy to ask for donations! http://www.sdheartwalk.org
* Saturday, September 19 at 7:00 a.m. in Balboa Park
Please contact Lisa Murphy (3-6323), Brendan Kremer (7-7268), Patrice Lock (2-3855), or your “Entity Leader” to be a Team Captain, Walker or Sponsor. . . . please consider joining "Team UCSD" today!
Campus/SOM/SSPP: Patrice Lock firstname.lastname@example.org
Hillcrest: Suzanne Reed email@example.com
Hillcrest: Zach Schlagel firstname.lastname@example.org
Thornton: Frieda Kennedy email@example.com
Thornton: Scotti Grant firstname.lastname@example.org
Kearny Mesa: Mark James email@example.com
Medical Group/Gibbs: Smmi Haddad firstname.lastname@example.org
Moores Cancer Center: Kate Trulock email@example.com