August 19, 2009
UC San Diego Chancellor's Advisory Committee on the Status of Women is actively seeking new faculty members. The CSW was formed in 1987 and is comprised of representatives appointed by the Chancellor from members of faculty, staff, and students at UC San Diego.
* To identify and analyze issues relating to the status of women at UC San Diego, including faculty, staff, and students.
* To inform and educate the campus community about conditions that affect the status of women within the University.
* To advise and make recommendations to the Chancellor regarding policies and procedures that will improve conditions for women.
* Demonstrated support of the UCSD Principles of Community.
* Willingness to serve on the Committee on the Status of Women for a two-year term.
* The ability to serve at least 5 hours a month to attend full committee and subcommittee meetings.
* Sensitivity to issues of gender and diversity.
The CSW meets the second Tuesday of the month from 12:30-2:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted. Additional information is available on-line at: http://statusofwomen.ucsd.edu
Please apply by August 31, 2009 at (http://maeservices.ucsd.edu/csw/). Appointments will be made no later than September 20, 2009.