October 15, 2010
ALL ACADEMICS AND STAFF (excluding UCSD Healthcare)
Environment, Health and Safety has partnered with Maxim Health Systems to host walk-in Campus flu vaccination clinics for faculty, staff, retirees, and dependents (children must be 4 years or older) on three dates in October. No appointment is needed for the flu vaccination – just show up with your UCSD photo ID or employee ID number on the day of the clinic to receive the vaccination. Dependants must be accompanied by the UCSD employee.
Flu Vaccination Clinic Dates:
- October 18, 2010, 2:00 pm to 6:30 pm (Location - RIMAC Sports Facility, Green Room)
- October 19, 2010, 7:15 am to 10:00 am (Location - Price Center West, Ballroom B)
- October 22, 2010, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm (Location - Price Center West, Ballroom B)
In addition, due to the current outbreak of Pertussis (Whooping Cough) in San Diego, the combined adult Tetanus-Diptheria-Pertussis (Tdap) vaccination booster may be available for adults needing the vaccination who pre-register with Bobbi Sawtelle at (858) 534-8225 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Influenza vaccination: $25 (cash or checks only)*
Maxim Health will accept the following insurance (must present insurance card):
- Medicare Part B
- Medicare Advantage Plan (card must have PFFS code on it).
*Maxim Health Systems will be administering the regular dose flu shot (Fluzone) only
- Tdap vaccination by advance reservation only: $45 (must contact Bobbi Sawtelle, email@example.com or call (858) 534-8225, to reserve the vaccination)
For more information about the Flu Clinics and seasonal influenza see: http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/flu