BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL SERVICES
November 17, 2010
(excluding UCSD Medical Center)
During the holiday season, UCSD Campus (excluding the hospitals and clinics) will officially be closed December 18, 2010 through January 2, 2011. The Business and Financial Services (BFS) divisions and operations that will be closed during this period include the Office of the Controller/BFS Administration, Central Cashier, Disbursements and Travel, Express Card Program, General Accounting, Office of Post Award Financial Services, Payroll, Procurement & Contracts, and Student Business Services.
Please consult Blink at http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/bfsclosures for important transaction cut-off dates and contacts for Disbursements and Travel, the Express Card Program, Payroll, Procurement & Contracts, Mail and Material Support Services.
The following BFS units will remain open with most on a reduced schedule and limited services:
- Mail Services located at Campus Services Complex/Bldg A will be open December 20-22 and 27-29 from 8 a.m. to noon for those who previously requested Messenger Service.
- Postal Center located at the Price Center will be open December 20-22 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Mesa Parcel Center will be open December 20-22 and 27-29 from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The following units in Material Support Services will be open during campus closure:
- Store – Managed Programs will be open December 20-22 and 27-29. Compressed gas, cryogenic liquids and dry ice will be delivered the next business day to departments who placed an online order through Marketplace before 2:00 p.m.
- Receiving/Distribution: will be open December 20-22 and 27-29 from 7:30 a.m. to noon to receive and process incoming packages. Only perishables will be delivered each business day.
- Self-Storage spaces #201-270 will be open December 20-22 and 27-29 from 7:30 a.m. to noon.
- Shipping will be open December 20-21 and 27-28 to support the needs of laboratories to ship hazardous materials, such as, biological samples.
- Surplus Sales will be open December 20-22 and 27-29 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to serve the campus and business community.
The staff of Business and Financial Services joins me in wishing you all a happy and safe holiday season!