March 18, 2010
ALL ACADEMICS AND STAFF AT UCSD
We encourage principal investigators planning large, interdisciplinary proposals to request assistance of the Research Proposal Development Service (RAPIDS) in the Office of Research Affairs (ORA). For selected proposals, RAPIDS can work with PIs and academic units to:
· Create proposal production schedules.
· Assist with coordination among proposal contributors.
· Provide in-depth editorial review.
· Coordinate budget preparation.
· Provide guidance on the preparation of required proposal components pertaining, for example, to research compliance, dissemination of results, and enhancement of diversity.
Please visit the RAPIDS website http://rapids.ucsd.edu/ for more information on services offered, eligibility for these services, instructions for submitting requests for assistance, and the process by which requests are prioritized. A list of competitions for which RAPIDS has provided assistance in the recent past can be found at http://rapids.ucsd.edu/success.html
In addition to direct proposal development assistance, RAPIDS provides a growing collection of materials to help PIs address common funding agency requirements, for example, NSF's Broader Impacts and training in research ethics relevant to NIH and NSF proposals. These resources can be found at http://rapids.ucsd.edu/resources.html