January 11, 2012
ALL ACADEMICS, STAFF AND ALL STUDENTS AT UCSD
LEARN CHINESE WHILE TOURING CHINA! The 2012 Silk Road to the Future China trip for faculty, staff, students, family members, family friends, and alumni offers extended excursions to HONG KONG, XI’AN, TIBET, and SOUTH KOREA! This summer’s trip is not only very economical but also offers “built in” Chinese language lessons along with tours. If you’ve never seen Hong Kong, Tibet, Xi'an or South Korea, this is a great summer to do so as trip prices remain low! Spouses, significant others, and immediate family members of faculty, staff, students and alumni are invited to participate. Again, we go as UC AMBASSADORS OF PEACE. The following trip options are offered and explained in greater detail at the Legends of China Web site (www.legendsofchina.com):
- TRIP A: Beijing (approximate dates, July 17-23) for $1486*. Climb the GREAT WALL, explore the Forbidden City and the Emperor’s Summer Palace, visit the site of Beijing’s Olympic Games and Tiananmen Square, shop at a traditional herbal medicine pharmacy & the Silk Market, and take part in the famous Silk Road to the Future Banner Presentation Ceremony;
- TRIP B: Beijing + three additional South China cities – Shanghai, Hangzhou, & Suzhou (approximate dates, July 15-24) for $1886*;
- TRIP C: Beijing + two other Chinese cities + TIBET -- Xi’an, Shanghai, Lhasa – In Xi’an visit the First Emperor’s Tomb excavation & the Terra Cotta Soldier Army; Lhasa is Tibet’s capital with the Palace of the Dalai Lama (approximate dates, July 18-29) for $2986*;
- TRIP D: Beijing + four other Chinese cities including HONG KONG. Xi’an, Shanghai, Suzhou – see the amazing mountains and rivers of China, and Hong Kong, one of China’s historical economic centers and international trade ports (approximate dates, July 18-29) for $2986*;
- TRIP E: Beijing + two other Chinese cities + SOUTH KOREA. Chengdu, Shanghai, Seoul (South Korea) – Chengdu, former Imperial Summer Resort, is on the edge of Inner Mongolia (approximate travel dates, July 18-29) for $3386*.
Round-trip airfare from LAX is included (SFO departure also available for additional $65) as are domestic airfares in China, 4/5-star hotel accommodations, all meals, ground transportation, tour guides, historical site tickets, and traveler health insurance.
APRIL 1 -- REGISTRATION & FINAL PAYMENT DEADLINE.
FACULTY/STAFF/ALUMNI/FAMILY MEMBERS/FAMILY FRIENDS: Registration instructions, forms and all additional information available at http://www.legendsofchina.com
STUDENTS: Registration through UCSD’s International Center, Programs
Faculty, staff, alumni, family member registration will be directly
through the Legends of China at:
Following registration acceptance, LOC will directly contact you with confirmation and additional information.
Registration is strictly FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED with limited space available. The sooner you are able to register, the more likely you’ll be able to participate.
The “Silk Road to the Future” event is sponsored by The Legends of China Foundation, a non-profit cultural organization based in Los Angeles and Beijing, China, in cooperation with UCSD and other UC/US campuses.
LOC Contact information is as follows:
-- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When calling or emailing LOC, please identify yourself as UCSD faculty, staff, student, or alumni.
*Additional Chinese governmental Airport Departure fees and Airline Fuel taxes will be added. See Registration form for specifics.