OFFICE OF STUDENT CONDUCT
September 27, 2012
The UC San Diego Student Conduct Code has been revised effective September 15, 2012. The link to the new Code is:
The Code went through an extensive revision, starting Spring 2009 and concluding Spring 2012. Draft versions of the Code have been posted at http://revisedcode.ucsd.edu.
The revision process was designed to develop a Code focusing on student learning and development with a clear articulated process for administering the Code. Another goal of this process was to provide greater procedural due process and expedient resolution of alleged violations.
General highlights of the revised Code include:
- Articulation of campus-wide student conduct philosophy and process.
- Addition of greater procedural protection for students.
- Development of clearer and more extensive standards of conduct.
- Addition of Code sections about definitions, roles and responsibilities, student organizations, and student records.
- Identification of staff, student roles and responsibilities within the student conduct process.
- Creation of a regular evaluation of the Code, including opportunity for timely revisions.
If you have further questions, please contact Ben White, Director of Student Conduct, at firstname.lastname@example.org.