January 15, 2013
MEMBERS OF THE SAN DIEGO DIVISION, ACADEMIC SENATE
In accordance with Bylaws 115 and 185 of the San Diego Division of the Academic Senate, notice is hereby given that nominations are open for the following positions and that the date of election will be April 5, 2013:
* Vice Chair (Chair Designate) of the Division for a two-year term, effective Sept.1, 2013 through Aug. 31, 2015. The first year will be served as Vice Chair (Chair Designate) and the second year as Chair of the San Diego Division.
* Three Divisional Representatives to the systemwide Assembly of the Academic Senate for two-year terms, effective Sept. 1, 2013 through Aug. 31, 2015.
* Five members of the Committee on Committees (Nominations are restricted to these areas.)
A Nominating Petition can be found at http://senate.ucsd.edu/. Please note that the nominee must be contacted by the Senate members signing the Petition and must have agreed to serve the appropriate term if elected. To be valid, a Nominating Petition must be signed by five voting members of the Division and must be received in the Academic Senate Office [mail code 0002, University Center 215], no later than FRIDAY, JANUARY 25, 2013, 4:30 p.m.
Service terms of the following Senate members will expire effective August 31, 2013:
* Chair of the Division: T. Guy Masters (SIO)
* Divisional Representatives to the systemwide Assembly of the Academic Senate: John Hildebrand (SIO), Douglas Magde (Chemistry/Biochemistry), Eric Watkins (Philosophy)
* Committee on Committees: Anne Conn (Engineering Member/MAE), Sharon Reed (Health Sciences Member/Pathology), Katja Lindenberg (Sciences Member/Chemistry & Biochemistry), Andrew Scull (Social Sciences Member/Sociology), Steven Constable (At-large Member/SIO)
The following Senate members continue to serve:
* 2013-2014 Chair: Kit Pogliano (Biological Sciences)
* Divisional Representatives to the systemwide Assembly of the Academic Senate: Eduardo Macagno (Biological Sciences), Jan Talbot(NanoEngineering)
* Committee on Committees: Farrell Ackerman (Social Sciences Member/Linguistics), Gerard Boss (Health Sciences Member/Medicine), Michael Davidson (Humanities Member/Literature), Judith Dolan (Arts Member/Theatre and Dance), Sarah Gille (SIO Member/SIO), Elizabeth Komives (Sciences Member/Chemistry & Biochemistry), Doris Trauner (Health Sciences Member/Neurosciences)