November 13, 2014
ALL ACADEMICS, STAFF AND STUDENTS AT UCSD
On November 12, 2014 at 7:45 PM, a 22 year old female UCSD student was at the bus stop on Nobel Drive near TGI Fridays. A dark sedan pulled up to the bus stop. The driver, a white male, yelled out the passenger side window to the student, but she could not hear him. The male then got out of the car and walked around to the student. The male opened the passenger door to the car and then grabbed the student and pushed her into the car. The male walked back around the car and got in the driver's seat and began to drive away, with the student still in the car. The car stopped for the red light at Gilman Drive and Villa La Jolla Drive (across from Gilman Parking Structure) and the student got out of the car and ran away. The San Diego Police Department responded and is investigating this crime. If you have information about this incident, please contact SDPD at 619-531-2000 or Crime Stoppers at 888-580-8477.
The victim described the suspect as a white male 20-30 years old, 5'6" to 5'7" tall with dark, tight curly hair. He was wearing a dark hoodie and was driving a dark-colored, newer model, four(4)-door sedan.
General Safety Considerations
* Whenever possible, travel well-lighted, busy routes. Avoid walking or parking in shadowed areas. Have your keys in your hand as you approach your door, and remember to be alert to what and who is around you.
* Be alert and aware. Pay full attention to who is around you when you are in public.
* Use the campus escort service 858-534-WALK
* Know the location of campus emergency telephones on routes to and from campus destinations.
* Report suspicious activity immediately to UCSD Police (858) 534-4357 or 9-1-1 (emergencies).