OFFICE OF THE VICE CHANCELLOR -
April 23, 2014
ALL ACADEMICS, STAFF AND STUDENTS AT UC SAN DIEGO
The Office of Student Conduct is proposing a set of revisions to the UC San Diego Student Conduct Code and Student Conduct Regulations to go into effect for Fall 2014. Some of the key proposed changes include:
* Organizing and managing all Student Conduct Reviews, including those conducted by college judicial boards, through the Office of Student Conduct.
* Adding domestic violence, dating violence, and a revised stalking standard to the Conduct in Violation of Community Standards.
* Reducing the period of maintaining suspension records of suspensions from permanent to seven years.
* Clarifying the sanctioning process for students found responsible by a Conduct Board or Review Officer at a Student Conduct Review.
* Reformatting, revising, and renaming the Student Conduct Regulations.
The proposed changes have been reviewed and discussed by the Student Conduct Standards Group. After incorporating feedback from the group, they are now available for review and comment by the greater campus community.
To view summaries of the proposed changes and redlined versions of the Code and Regulations showing the proposed changes, go to studentconduct.ucsd.edu.
Please direct all public comment on the proposed changes to Director of Student Conduct Ben White at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 9, 2014.