CAMPUS HUMAN RESOURCES
OFFICE OF THE INTERIM ASSISTANT VICE CHANCELLOR -
November 3, 2015
The annual Benefits Open Enrollment began on October 29, 2015 and will end on November 24, 2015. During this period, employees have the opportunity to review the University of California (UC) benefits options to ensure the best coverage for themselves and their families for 2016. The University has made every effort to maintain a full range of quality medical plan and pricing choices for its employees, and to control costs as health insurance premiums continue to rise nationwide.
All of the current UC medical plans will be available in 2016. There will be some changes, as well as a few benefits enhancements and added programs, which are highlighted as follows:
* Many employees will notice less than a $6 monthly premium increase. The 2016 rates can be viewed at: http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/plan-costs
* Due to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), benefits eligibility will be calculated differently, and some employees not previously eligible for benefits will be eligible beginning in January 2016. Information about the ACA's impact to UC health benefits programs can be viewed at: http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/affordable-care-act
* The ARAG Legal Plan is open for enrollment and there will be no rate changes. Legal assistance, credit monitoring, and expanded identity theft protection are among the various services offered through this plan. Slight changes will be made, which will result in fewer limitations and benefits for specific services.
* UC Living Well, the systemwide wellness initiative, will continue to promote numerous wellness activities offered at each campus location. In addition, wellness resources that are available will be highlighted through UC's medical plans. Wellness coaching and the $75 incentive earned through Optum will not be available in 2016.
* All medical plans will cover immunization costs needed for travel. Employees should check with their specific plan or the Open Enrollment website for specific coverage that is offered.
* For smoking cessation, Health Net Blue and Gold will add the "Quit for Life" telephonic behavioral coaching program, in addition to its current online package.
* Blue Shield Health Savings Plan and Core will add "Oncology Practice of the Future" which is a program designed to ensure comprehensive cancer care for its plan members.
* UC Care will add more Ambulatory Surgery Center providers in its UC Select tier with a $100 co-pay.
The Open Enrollment website offers videos, resources for answers to questions about UC benefits, and other online tools to assist employees with selecting medical and benefits options. Full details can be accessed at: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/oe/
For questions or assistance with Open Enrollment, please contact the Human Resources Department Benefits Office at (858) 534-2816 or the person in your department who handles benefits information. Health Sciences/Health System faculty and staff should call (619) 543-3200.