March 18, 2015
ALL SENATE FACULTY MEMBERS AT UC SAN DIEGO
I am pleased to announce the 2015-16 Course Development and Instructional Improvement Program (CDIIP). Applications are due April 17, 2015 and can be found at http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/CDIIP
The Course Development and Instructional Improvement Program (CDIIP) provides funding to support faculty projects to enhance undergraduate instruction. Proposals for 2015-16 funding will be reviewed by the Course Development and Instructional Improvement Committee. The Executive Vice Chancellor- Academic Affairs will make the final allocation decisions. Funding is available in three groups:
* $100K to small ($2K-$5K) individual or modest (<$25K) team efforts
* $100K allocation from the UCOP ILTI program for the development of a completely online course or courses
* $100,000 allocation from Academic Affairs for the development of hybrid or online courses
Additional course and budget detail for course proposals under the second and third bullets above likely will be requested after initial review.
The committee looks for projects that can improve the quality of undergraduate education, impact many students, improve time-to-degree, and increase interactions between faculty and students, particularly at the lower-division level. Faculty members are encouraged to develop comprehensive strategies to improve undergraduate instruction in collaboration with their departments or academic units. Additionally, faculty experiments with new technologies and pedagogies are welcome, including proposals that address the varied needs, perspectives, and learning styles of our diverse student population. The development or enhancement of online and hybrid courses are welcomed.
Awards will be made in the form of grants to cover expenses including but not limited to faculty release time, faculty summer support, summer graduate student support, support for ACMS or other technical assistance, materials, or other justifiable expenses. Applications are due April 17, 2015 and can be found at http://blink.ucsd.edu/go/CDIIP
Awards will be announced in Spring Quarter 2015. Funds will be available beginning July 1, 2015.
* Full-time Senate faculty engaged in undergraduate education.
* Funds may be used for faculty release time, faculty summer support, summer graduate student support, support for ACMS or other technical assistance, materials, or other justifiable expenses.
* A progress report on each course development and instructional improvement award will be due on June 30, 2016.
Please contact Barbara Sawrey, Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs/Dean of Undergraduate Education (AVCDUE@ucsd.edu), for questions regarding the CDIIP.