May 19, 2015
ALL ACADEMICS, STAFF AND STUDENTS AT UCSD
On May 19th, at about 10:00 PM, the UC San Diego Police Department received information regarding a male who ran up behind a female UC San Diego student near the intersection of La Jolla Village Dr. and La Jolla Scenic Dr. N and sexually battered the female by groping her from behind.
The female described the male as a medium build Hispanic male adult, late 20s, approximately 5'5" in height, wearing a black short sleeve T-shirt, and red basketball style shorts.
If you see someone matching the suspect's description please do not approach. Call 9-1-1 or UCSD Police at 858-534-4357.
If you have information about this incident, please contact UCSD Police at (858) 534-4357 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
General Safety Considerations:
* Be especially aware of your surroundings - particularly when you may be less alert and more vulnerable to an attack, e.g., during periods of stress, when you are upset or sick, if you have been drinking, or wearing headphones while walking or running.
* If confronted by a suspicious person, run away and make a scene. Try to get to a safe and public place while continuing to scream for help.
* Know the location of campus emergency telephones on routes to and from campus destinations.
* Use the UCSD Safety Escort Program, (858) 534-WALK, available daily from dusk to dawn.
* Report suspicious activity immediately to UCSD Police (858) 534-4357 or 9-1-1 (emergencies).
* Avoid isolating yourself with individuals you are not familiar with.
To help reduce the risk of being a crime victim, UCSD offers self-defense classes for women: UCSD R.A.D Program Classes