EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
October 12, 2016
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion is now accepting applications for sponsored participation in the Faculty Success Program taking place January 22 through April 15, 2017.
The intensive 12-week virtual boot camp is offered by the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity. It combines empirically-tested methods, coaching, peer support, and online tools to help academics thrive in their careers and achieve a work-life balance.
The Faculty Success Program is for tenure-track and tenured faculty who want to achieve the following:
• Set achievable professional and personal goals and a realistic plan to meet them
• Establish a consistent and sustainable daily writing routine
• Align your time with your institution's priorities and your personal values
• Develop a publication profile that exceeds the institution's promotion criteria
• Master best practices in academic time management
• Enjoy a life beyond campus
Applications will be accepted through Tuesday, November 1, 2016. For more information on the program, eligibility, and how to apply, visit http://facultyexcellence.ucsd.edu/development/index.html. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD) is an independent organization that provides professional development, training, and mentoring to faculty, postdoctoral scholars, and graduate students. UC San Diego has been an institutional member of NCFDD since August 2014. For more information and to activate your individual membership, visit http://www.facultydiversity.org/ucsd.