OFFICE OF THE ASSISTANT VICE CHANCELLOR -
November 8, 2016
The annual Benefits Open Enrollment began on October 27, 2016 and ends at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 22, 2016.
During this period, faculty and staff employees have the opportunity to review the University of California (UC) benefits options to ensure the best coverage for themselves and their families for 2017.
A few highlights for this year include:
* New Disability Insurance Options for 2017 with significant changes
* Vendor changes for UC's Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO) Plans
(medical, behavioral health and prescription drugs).
Employees are encouraged to carefully review the information that they receive at their home address and the Open Enrollment website which includes plan details, videos and other resources:
Additionally, Open Enrollment Fairs are scheduled for:
UC San Diego Campus
UC San Diego Health
Open Enrollment is also the time to:
* Enroll or re-enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) which allow employees to set aside funds to pay for health and/or dependent care while providing tax savings. Employees must enroll in FSAs during Open Enrollment to participate in 2017, even if they are currently enrolled.
* Review and update beneficiary information.
* For domestic partners (same and opposite gender), complete the Declaration of Domestic Partnership Form (UBEN 250) to avoid denial of survivor benefits.
Lastly, if you select an eligible health plan, we hope that you will
consider UC San Diego Primary Care Physicians for your primary care
provider. More information about our Primary Care Physicians is
For questions or assistance with Open Enrollment, please contact the Human Resources Department - Benefits Office at (858) 534-2816 or the person in your department who handles benefits information. Health Sciences/Health System faculty and staff should call (619) 543-3200.