OFFICE OF THE ASSISTANT VICE CHANCELLOR -
July 12, 2017
ALL STAFF AT UC SAN DIEGO
The University of California is proposing revisions to Personnel Policies for Staff Members (PPSM)-20 Recruitment and Promotion, which applies to staff members in the Professional & Support Staff and Managers & Senior Professionals personnel groups and to Senior Management Group members.
The policy has undergone full review and a systemwide workgroup was formed to propose revisions intended to align with these objectives:
- Fulfill the University’s affirmative action and equal employment opportunity objectives.
- Provide locations with flexibility where appropriate and possible.
- Clearly state when recruitment is and is not required.
- Allow for internal promotion without recruitment when applicable criteria are met.
- Describe recruitment requirements by appointment type to create a clear policy structure.
The proposed policy is posted on UCnet: http://bit.ly/PPSM20
Employees who wish to comment on the proposed policy may e-mail their feedback to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com, by Monday, July 31, 2017.