OFFICE OF THE VICE CHANCELLOR-
September 22, 2017
ALL ACADEMICS, STAFF AND STUDENTS AT UC SAN DIEGO
During Spring Quarter 2017, the Office of Student Conduct proposed a set of revisions to the UC San Diego Student Conduct Code. The proposed changes were initially reviewed by the Student Conduct Standards Group. Feedback was received from the greater campus community in an open campus comment period and final changes were reviewed and approved by Chancellor Khosla, Campus Counsel, the UC Office of the President, and Ethics and Compliance.
Additionally, revisions to the Student Organizations Policy were requested through open campus comment periods during the past two academic years. Feedback was received from the greater campus community, including the Graduate Student Association, and final changes were reviewed and approved by Chancellor Khosla, Campus Counsel, the UC Office of the President, and Ethics and Compliance.
The revisions will take effect on September 22, 2017 and may be reviewed here:
Some of the key changes include:
* Clarifying and updating the process for processing Administrative Resolution Letters.
* Aligning student conduct record retention practices with University of California system-wide policy.
* Clarifying the grounds for sanction reduction requests.
* More clearly delineating the roles of Students and non-Students in Registered Student Organizations.
* Inserting new language specific to Cooperative Registered Student Organizations (“co-ops”). The language reflects the unique nature, purpose, and composition of these groups.
Additional information on the non-academic student conduct process and other student-related policies may be found at http://studentconduct.ucsd.edu . If you have further questions, please contact the Office of Student Conduct at firstname.lastname@example.org.