April 16, 2018
KEY ADMINISTRATORS AND KEY SUPPORT STAFF
Applications and nominations are invited for the position of Provost at Muir College.
The Provost serves as the academic and administrative leader of the College and is responsible for the oversight of all educational affairs and activities. The ideal candidate will have an engaged, visible and approachable presence, and will be effective in fostering collaborations with partners across Academic Affairs, Student Affairs and other key campus units to enhance the student experience and further campus goals to be a student-centered, research-focused, service-oriented public university.
The Provost search will be confined to the UC San Diego campus, and candidates must hold full-time, tenured faculty positions (including Teaching Professors) in one of our academic departments or colleges. The Provost appointment will be for a period of five years, renewable after appropriate review. The general job description and required qualifications for a Provost follow this announcement and are also posted on the web at: http://evc.ucsd .edu/initiatives/muir-provost.html Information on the academic theme and other specific aspects of Muir College may be found on the college website at: http://muir.ucsd.edu/
* Is responsible for the academic and administrative leadership of the College.
* Is responsible for the realization of the academic goals of the College, as described in the College's academic plan.
* Is responsible for working with administrative leadership to facilitate the campusí student-centered, research-focused, service-oriented mission.
* Is responsible for promoting and enhancing an environment of equity, diversity and inclusion for the College.
* Is responsible for promoting an environment in which the highest standards of ethical conduct are understood to be a primary responsibility of all members of the College.
* Is responsible for fostering collaborations with academic departments, programs, and key campus units to enhance the quality of undergraduate education.
* Shares with the College faculty, the appropriate academic departments, and the respective Program Directors the responsibility for the supervision of academic programs, developed and administered under the aegis of the College, including the associated core courses sequence and the college writing program.
* Supervises the academic employees and professional staff of the College - Academic Coordinators, Dean of Academic Advising, Dean of Student Affairs, and other staff members who report to the Provost.
* Is responsible for the authority and oversight of the College budgets and expenditures.
* Is responsible for the management and administration of the associated college writing program and associated core courses sequence, including all budget, FTE, and personnel matters.
* Serves as ex officio member of the College's governing body, which is advisory to the Provost.
* Is responsible for orientation of new undergraduate students, transfer students, and their parents.
* Certifies students of the College for graduation upon completion of their studies.
* To the degree permitted by the Provostís administrative responsibilities, engages in teaching and research commensurate in quality with their rank as a member of the UC San Diego faculty.
* Serves, as appointed, on various campus-wide and system-wide committees.
* Is responsible for the programmatic aspects of College residence-hall life.
* Is responsible for recreational, social and cultural programming for the College.
* Is responsible for student government in the College.
* Is responsible for development activities on behalf of the College.
* Is a member of the campus administration