June 29, 2018
ALL ACADEMICS AT UC SAN DIEGO
KEY ADMINISTRATORS/KEY SUPPORT STAFF
Many thanks to those who submitted proposals in response to the Strategic Academic Program Development (SAPD) Initiative RFP. The SAPD Selection Committee and I were impressed by the breadth and quality of offerings submitted especially because we are aware of the effort required to prepare proposals for this new venture. It was heartening to see so many proposals that were well aligned with the aims of the SAPD initiative: to enhance the experience and outcomes of students, strengthen UC San Diegos reputation in research and education, and grow institutional revenues for future investment in the education and research enterprise.
I am delighted to announce the first round of proposals selected for further development through the SAPD initiative:
· 3+2 Program in Engineered Structures and Systems (Structural Engineering)
· Mathematics Non-Degree Partnership (Mathematics)
· Pathway to Health Professions Program (Biological Sciences)
· Rady School of Management University Credit Program (Rady School of Management)
· Ethics Concurrent Enrollment Program (Philosophy/Institute for Practical Ethics)
GRADUATE OFFERINGS (Credit and Non-Credit):
· MS in Drug Development & Product Management Online (Skaggs School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences)
· MS in Precision Medicine Online (Medicine)
· Supporting K-12 Computing Educators in Diverse Contexts Online (Education Studies)
· Computational Social Science Masters (Social Sciences)
· Quantitative & Spatial Methods for Policy Analysis MicroMasters Online (School of Global Policy & Strategy)
· Master of Engineering in Audio Technology (Music/Qualcomm Institute)
SUMMER PROGRAMS (Credit and Non-Credit):
· Bioengineering Summer Internship Program for High School Students (Bioengineering)
· Economics Micro Intensive - Online (Economics)
· Bioethics Program (Philosophy/Institute for Practical Ethics)
· Exec. Ed. In Urban Planning, Policy, Design and Development (Urban Studies & Planning)
We look forward to working with selected departments to extend the educational excellence of UC San Diego through an expanded set of innovative curricular and delivery opportunities. Please note that all SAPD sponsored programs will follow standard campus and systemwide approval processes as required for program establishment.
We anticipate announcing the next SAPD RFP in November 2018 with a January 2019 deadline, and then another RFP to follow in Spring 2019.
Please know that dedicated resources are in place to support faculty and academic units in the formation of proposals and the development of novel programs. I invite you to learn more about SAPD at http://sapd.ucsd.edu (Single Sign On log in is required). You may also contact SAPD Support Team Director Williams Ettouati with any questions at email@example.com or (858) 699-5489.