OFFICE OF THE ASSOCIATE VICE CHANCELLOR
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND PLANNING
January 22, 2020
ALL ACADEMICS, STAFF AND STUDENTS AT UC SAN DIEGO
SUBJECT: || CONSTRUCTION ALERT – Villa La Jolla Drive MTS Bus Stop Project, February 3 to April 10, 2020|
In an effort to improve transit speed and reliability, a new bus stop
will be installed along the southbound lane of Villa La Jolla Drive at
the VA Hospital intersection. The project includes additional
improvements to the northbound bus stop and travel path to the VA
entrance. This project will be completed in two phases.
Phase 1: Add a new MTS bus stop on southbound Villa La Jolla Drive at
the VA Hospital intersection see map: https://go.ucsd.edu/2vbIq5t
- Work will take approximately 10 weeks, February 3 through April 10,
- West sidewalk will be closed between Gilman Drive and La Jolla Village
- East/West crosswalk will be closed at the VA Hospital intersection.
- Pedestrian traffic will be routed to the east side of Villa La Jolla
- Drivers should anticipate minor traffic delays for southbound Villa La
Jolla Drive traffic.
Phase 2: Bus stop improvement: Villa La Jolla Drive travel path
northbound between La Jolla Village Drive and Gilman Drive see map:
Sidewalks along the east and west sides of Villa La Jolla Drive will be
open. Work will begin when Phase 1 is completed.
- Work will take approximately four weeks with no traffic impacts
- The existing MTS bus stop on the east side of Villa La Jolla Drive
will be relocated temporally to the south entrance of the VA Hospital
for approximately 10 days.
Project signage along sidewalks and streets will inform the public about
the schedule, closures and alternate pedestrian travel paths.
If you have any questions, please contact the Facilities Management
Customer Relations Help Desk at (858)534-2930 or Project Manager Aaron
Cooley at (619) 550-7136.
We greatly appreciate your patience during these construction
Stephen B. Jackson|
Associate Vice Chancellor
Resource Management & Planning