ENVIRONMENTAL SANITATION-SWIMMING POOLS
- California Health and Safety Code
- California Code of Regulations, Titles 22 and 24
It is the policy of the University to design, construct, and operate all swimming pools in compliance with California Statutes and Regulations.
- The operator of the swimming pool or spa pool must be knowledgeable about all laws and regulations relative to the pool's operation, maintenance, and sanitation.
- The Office of Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) must be consulted and approval obtained for any operational or construction modifications which are anticipated concerning the pools.
- EH&S is required to conduct routine surveys of the pools and spas to assure compliance.
- EH&S shall investigate complaints regarding pools and work with the operator to resolve any problems.
- It is the responsibility of the Department operating the pool to maintain the pool in compliance with all State laws.
- Whenever any modifications to the pool are proposed, the operator shall submit plans to the EH&S Office for approval prior to initiating the work.
- The EH&S Office shall perform routine surveys on the pools, respond to any complaints, and review any proposed changes in the operation or construction of the facility.